Americas Best Value Inn - Terrifying Rooms
We stayed at Americas Best Value Inn during our visit to Ft. Jackson, SC for our youngest son's graduation from drill school.
We have five sons and they all have been or are still in the service. So we have travel many times during the past 25 years.
And we can say that we have never stay anywhere including in Germany that was as scary as this place was.
We know that the star rating was not great and the price was average. But this place needs to be closed down. It's not safe.
We had two rooms because a couple of our older sons were coming in town too for this special day.
Room #1: The bathroom was drywalled and no paint or finishing. The toilet was not screw to the floor and leaked everywhere. And mold was growing everywhere. The carpet in the other part was torned and very dirty and wasn't even swept. The control to the TV was not the same brand that the TV was and wouldn't work. There was a solid light switch cover screwed to the door covering a hole from where there was a lock at one time. They came and work on the toilet twice before they would give us a new room, which by the way was no better.
Room #2 was even worst than the first one. It had been half painted in the bathroom (I guess that was one up), but it was just lightly painted so you show both colors of paint. The phone didn't work. Holes in the walls, door was not safely lockable.
And we can add that the inter-net was not ever up and running but they had called someone but they just couldn't get them to come in.
Bed linens and bath towels and clothes were old, stained and very thin.
And if all this was not enough, add to the fact at one time the police came over to the hotel and our oldest son being a police officer in CA started talking with them only to find out that this hotel is known for the druggies and troubles.
But with all this Travelocity is allowing them to be on their wed site. You got me. I wouldn't want my name on anything like that.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "I have visited many Motel 6 hotels over the years. I am staying at a neighborhood motel 6 due to home renevations / remodeling. This is by far the worst..."
- "The resort posts very beautiful pictures about its location but in fact it does not have any beach since it is located on a swamp area while it takes..."
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "guitar center is a music store so you all who work there quit treating pepole like *** and trying to rip them off theres enough *** going on in this..."
- "So I'm eating spinach and I find a stick. Not too bad till I get to the bug.... Pretty *** nasty. And of coarse, I can't find contact information for..."
- "Deceitful ad stated specifically there would be a risk-free, no additional charge trial and offered a few add-on sales at a "special" $25. I was careful about checking the fine..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."